Medical Education, Healthcare & Research Activities of Thumbay Group Gears-up & Aligns with UAE Government’s Precautionary Policies
“Through a rational and realistic approach, we support the government & fall in line with the government strategy to defeat the global pandemic,” says Dr. Thumbay Moideen, Founder President.
The Medical Education, Healthcare & Research activities of Thumbay Group have implemented several steps throughout their entities across the various Emirates, aimed at supporting UAE Government’s initiatives in fighting the Coronavirus crisis. The strategy combines technology utilization, safety precautions, awareness programs, training and confidence-building, in addition to discounted treatments, diagnostic tests and pharmacy essentials.
- Gulf Medical University has implemented e-learning to ensure uninterrupted academic session and has extended seamless support to all students.
- The network of Thumbay Hospitals have allocated dedicated beds, kept ready for requirements from MOH, DHA & SEHA. The group is closely working with all authorities and has provided nurses and required assistance to MoH for any requirements.The hospitals are also undertaking activities to spread awareness, and have started setting up tele-consultation for patients, enabling them to get treatment from home. The Infection Control Units under Thumbay Group’s Healthcare Division have sensitized all the healthcare professionals by giving lectures and orientations and conducting live drills in all the centers. The frontline desk staff, emergency nursing staff, ER doctors and ICU doctors have been given special training for prevention, early case identification and isolation. Awareness activities are also being conducted by the Thumbay Clinic network.
- The network of Thumbay Pharmacies are preparing to home-deliver medicines and has announced discounts on essentials like hand-sanitizers. Over-the-counter products are available online for people to buy.
- The CAP-accredited Thumbay Labs in the various Emirates are offering sample collections for general and regular tests from homes to avoid people coming to the hospitals. They have also announced reduced costs for various essential general tests.The central lab has provided required machines and support to the health authorities.
- Under Thumbay Group’s Hospitality Division, the Body & Soul Health Club chain is offering online fitness classes for people to stay fit, whereas the Blends & Brews Coffee Shoppe outlets have introduced several immunity-boosting beverages and nutritional salad recipes to help people eat right and stay healthy.
Open and effective communication is at the center of Thumbay Group’s efforts in creating awareness and preparedness against the COVID-19 threat. The staff and customers are regularly instructed on the importance of sanitization, hand-washing techniques, social distancing, and other precautionary measures. Workplaces have been equipped with more hand sanitizers and hygiene gear, and regular temperature monitoring is conducted to reassure employees and visitors about the safeguards and vigil at the offices. This is in addition to the increased frequency of cleaning and disinfection being carried out. Work-from-home arrangements are also being made wherever possible.
Dr. Thumbay Moideen, the Founder President of Thumbay Group says that the measures taken by the group aims to support the UAE Government’s policies, in alignment with the government directives in this regard. “As a responsible business group, our efforts aim to instil confidence and awareness among our employees, customers and other businesses, so that they are better prepared to ensure their own safety and support the fight against this global pandemic, as the situation continues to evolve. We thank the government for its various initiatives to mitigate the effect of the Coronavirus threat on UAE businesses, residents and visitors,” he said.