Conference on Recent Advances in Women’s Health held at Gulf Medical University
The Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology – GMC Hospital, Ajman in association with Gulf Medical University held a Conference on Recent Advances in Women’s Health on 21st Jan 2016 at the University campus. The event was accredited by the Ministry of Health for 8 CME hours and more than 125 Doctors and Healthcare Professionals attended the conference.
Prof. Gita Ashok Raj – the Provost of Gulf Medical University was the chief guest during the presentation ceremony. She honored the invited speakers with special mementos.
Leading gynecologists from the country shared their experience and delivered talks during the conference. Some of the topics covered were,
- Optimising Antenatal care in high risk pregnancy by Dr. Nayana Kumari – Specialist Gynecologist NMC Hospital – Abu Dhabi,
- Strategies to reduce Caesarean Delivery by Dr. Mawahib Abd Salman – Consultant Gynecologist GMC Hospital – Ajman, Recent Advances in Obstetric Pain Management by Dr. Piyush Mallick – Consultant Anesthesiologist Al Zahra Hospital – Sharjah,
- Thromboprophylaxis in pregnancy by Dr. Kauser Mansoor Baig – Consultant Gynecologist Al Qassimi Hospital – Sharjah,
- Evolving trends in Ovulation Induction by Dr. Pankaj Srivastav – Consultant Gynecologist Conceive Fertility Hospital – Sharjah,
- Contemporary Management of heavy menstrual bleeding by Dr. Prashanth Hegde – Medical Director & Specialist Gynecologist GMC Hospital – Ajman,
- The new updates on Cervical cancer prevention by Dr. Shamsa Al Awar – Consultant Gynecologist Al Ain Hospital
- Recent Trends in rehabilitation of Urinary incontinence by Ms. Siva Priya – Lecturer COAHS Gulf Medical University – Ajman.
Certificates were distributed to the seminar attendees.